Saturday, January 31, 2015

Exchanges, Dreams, Life Skills.

I always don't know where to start my email!!! 

Let's see. I need to get my brain juices out. Saturday, I had my first district meeting and I was so nervous. Being companions with district leaders in the past weren't enough, but I am glad that my sisters gave me feedback and learned a lot. We definitely grew together. My zone leaders are very supportive as well and helped me out with the things that I needed to improve on. So that gave me quite a relief.

The Monday was the first Mission Leadership Council that I attended and I learned a lot. The thought of being in it really didn't sink in and I just thought that I am going through training just as an ordinary missionary, which it basically really is. Then, our responsibility is to share it to the Sisters in our Zones and in our Districts. Pretty much like missionary work when you learn a doctrine or a principle everyday, you share it with your investigators, recent converts, less-active and even active members. Then Tuesday was weekly planning and we looked through our Area Books, Sister Kim and I wanted to work on finding more people. We are still doing that. It's hard. I feel like I'm back in my first transfer again with the finding stage. I guess you always go through it some point in your mission. I went through it a lot and I kept thinking what can I do even better? This week has been slow, with our teaching and finding and we are still thinking of ways where we can pick up the pace.

I had my first exchanges on Wednesday with Sister Jamito from Masbate, Philippines. This is actually the second time that I went on exchanges with her because we were in the same district before when my companion, Sister Han Chen from Taiwan, was the district leader. I still am learning from her and she's an incredible missionary, and a crazy filipina as well. I had a good time with her. In fact, I was able to tell her of a trunky dream that I had this week. I woke up in the middle of the night to make sure I was still in my mission. The dream felt so real, it felt like I was already back home in the Philippines. But definitely, I didn't let that dream bother me. It just made me wonder what that dream meant and I can't wait for the Salt Lake Temple to open again so that I can visit my Father in His Holy House.

Going back to exchanges, Wednesday was the first day that I had a shift in Temple Square Guest Services and I was nervous because I felt like I would screw up the assignment. I felt proud of myself when I was able to assign my FIRST INVESTIGATOR LESSON. I couldn't explain it here on my email, but I promise to explain it more in later emails when I get the chance.

Thursday, I went on exchanges with Sister Jamito's companion, Sister Parrish from Australia. She's such a consecrated missionary and I really learned a lot from her regarding some life skills that I can use, definitely for LIFE! She's very confident and wise and the moment that we talked, I just opened up to her! Well, for those who knew me well, you knew how talkative I can be when I start opening up. It's a good thing because it shows how much I trust the Sisters in the district and that I have found a friend in Sister Parrish. She's the type of missionary who is very exactly obedient, always wanted to do the right thing and also wanted to work, work and work. She has a very sweet testimony and loves those who are around her. I really love her! She also helped me be reminded that I needed to be optimistic and days doesn't seem bad as I thought.

Sisters have asked me how is it being district leader and I told them that I never really feel like it. I just felt that I am on exchanges with the Sisters to be edified, to learn from them, and to get to know them. My Sisters are in my district for a reason and I could really see why. I love them pretty much and I can't wait to be with Sister Bennett from Tahiti and Sister Thomas from Sierra Leone/Virginia.

This transfer, I've thought of starting the Book of Mormon all over again and I took note of Nephi's attributes. Something that I have discovered this morning is that 1 Nephi 7:4-5 can be related to missionary work as well. The Book of Mormon is amazing and I love it!

"No, God does not need us to love Him. But oh, how we need to love God! For what we love determines what we seek. What we seek determines what we think and do. What we think and do determines who we are—and who we will become." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Sister Kristel Marie Cruz Ngo (吳姐妹)
Utah Salt Lake City Temple Square Mission/
Georgia Atlanta North Mission