Saturday, January 24, 2015

Update for the first two days into the transfer.

Hello Everyone!
Apparently, I had a second preparation day this week because of transfers. This is Temple Square Mission for you. Different preparation days and so sometimes it's hard to catch me emailing or it's even difficult to think about what to share with you today.
So, my new companion is Sister Kim from Korea. I love her and she is such an obedient missionary. But I feel like this transfer, Heavenly Father is really going to help me develop the Christlike Attributes of Patience and Humility, especially with myself. Being District Leader, as I have mentioned in my previous email, there is just so many things to do and much things to take in. I made sure that I understood properly Doctrine and Covenants 121 and at the same time to even relax and just do my very best to serve both my investigators and the Sisters in my district. It's going to be difficult to balance the two but I have faith that the Lord will help me with this assignment. He put me in here for a purpose (just like how my mom was put into this position a few - approximately 27-28 - years ago) and my mom definitely learned a lot. I'm excited to learn and love the work, the Lord and the Sisters this transfer.
So far, this past two days, because of all the transfer craziness, it was quite difficult to look for people to teach. But we are definitely trying to catch up for the next week. I've thought it over and over again that this transfer was going to fly by so fast with all the things that are happening. But I will never miss those learning opportunities in every step of the way. In fact, last Thursday (yesterday), we were able to be reminded about the importance of prayer as a communication with our Heavenly Father. I've reevaluated my prayers and I totally agree with what the sisters mentioned that most of the time, we don't even remember what we prayed for even after the prayer has been said. I made sure that I needed to work on that especially this transfer that I need to be more meaningful with my prayers and put them to heart.
Another thing that I've learned (actually ever since the beginning of my mission) is to learn how to forgive myself and to keep on working hard, not letting other things, even the past, distract me. It has still been a struggle but it has also been a working progress every single transfer. Sister Kim is so sweet that last night, she told me that I've done great so far. Well, I still need to take a deep breath and relax than stressing myself a lot about stuff.
So I guess, that's all that I can share for today. I'll probably be able to share more next Friday's Preparation day. :)
我愛你們!

Sister Kristel Marie Cruz Ngo (吳姐妹)
Utah Salt Lake City Temple Square Mission/
Georgia Atlanta North Mission

​​
​照片我答應送給你們​
​。。。​