Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Stormy Seas lead us to the Promised Land...

"...calm seas don’t carry barges to the promised land—stormy seas do." - Jon Warner, October 2014
This week's theme has always been being patient with myself. There have been moments of personal and internal struggles that even until now, I am still doing the best that I could to be victorious. Despite these internal battles, I have had moments that always reminded me how much Heavenly Father loves me and how much 
​H​
e really appreciated what I am doing.
​ It has always been my source of strength.
Well, enough of that. This week has been really crazy. We have been really busy with all the appointments and exchanges that we were having. Along with the busy times, I have been sick or physically weak due to the weather changes and because I have been having Seasonal Allergies. But even with the roller coaster days that I am having here on my mission, I really find myself blessed at the end of the day. The experiences are strengthening me rather than pulling me down, helping me remember my life experiences that would somehow help the people that we are visiting to progress. I am so blessed with the surroundings that Georgia offers, the colorful trees - the leaves are changing from green, to red..., the rain that is always reminding me of home, the spirit that kept helping me remember how much I am so blessed because of the gospel.
I guess the highlights of this week that I could remember in detail was that last Friday, while the Sister Training Leaders were having exchanges, I was out tracting with the Athens 2nd Sisters: Sisters Allred and Hjorth.​
​ ​
What made the tracting interesting is when we knocked on the door of this lady, who was probably in about her 50s, telling us how much she appreciated what we do and that the mission is not easy but went on to say "We just don't believe in the same God and I am sorry but I don't let (wait for it--) FALSE ANGELS to come into my home." We all agreed that it was the "Most insulting compliment" that we have ever heard in our missions. And I thought that I've already had enough Antis in my mission.​​
​ I'm grateful for my testimony strengthening experiences.​


​Another highlight is that one of our investigators came to church last Sunday and she liked it. The Bishop that Sunday called Elder Asay and I to bear our testimonies in the pulpit and the program said "Speakers... to be announced." Sneaky Bishop Childers, who went on his mission to the Philippines Baguio Mission in the year 1998-2000.​ 
Right now, we are having Sisters' Preparation Day. We are listening to the Priesthood Session of General Conference. In fact, not really trying to go against the Lord's will, but we encourage the men to also read or listen to the General Women's Meeting once the Ensign or the Liahona comes out.
Well, I guess this is where I end my weekly discourse...? 'Til we meet again.

Sister Kristel Marie Cruz Ngo (吳姐妹)
Utah Salt Lake City Temple Square Mission/
Georgia Atlanta North Mission