Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Conference Week!

​"...​
God knows of your successes; though they may seem small to you, He acknowledges and cherishes each one of them. He loves you for extending yourselfto others. He loves you for reaching out and helping others bear their heavy burdens—even when you are struggling with your own.
​" - President Dieter F. Uchtdorf​
I just love this statement from the last General Women's Meeting and there was another statement by Elder David A. Bednar from the October 2014 General Conference that I wanted to quote so bad but unfortunately, I don't really want to ruin the statement by not quoting it just as how he stated it. That and the text is not yet available online. 
But anyway...
This week has been ABSOLUTELY AMAZING because it was GENERAL CONFERENCE week. I guess my view about General Conference all changed because being in the midst of it last year, with all the craziness with regards to missionary work and the conference excitement itself, we are so blessed to have a prophet, called of God, to speak to us twice a year - every six months on October and April. That spiritual nourishment is really precious to our very souls. This October's General Conference was one that I could say I have really prepared for and thought of questions for myself and my investigators, and particularly, my loved ones. The above statement itself is very special to me because those have been the words of comfort that I have received at that certain point in time. I was doubting myself and my ability whether or not I have really contributed to my successes as a missionary and if they were really appreciated by the Savior Himself. By far, without the intention of having a favorite speaker at conference, I always look forward to President Uchtdorf's talk because of how much he really showed appreciation to the Sisters of the Church with power and sincerity.
Sadly, I have been sick following the General Women's Meeting and I am not quite sure as to the etiology of the condition. Stress? Being to hard on myself? I don't know. But I have learned even from that down point on my mission that I need to stop pushing myself too hard and to have complete trust in the Savior Himself, always appreciating my efforts and tell myself that by the end of the day, I did all that I could and tomorrow I will still give my best foot forward. I remembered that last Friday, after being really sick because I convinced myself that I could work despite being really weak, I asked for a priesthood blessing from the Elders of the Athens YSA Branch and it was such a powerful blessing that is a confirming witness of the above statement.
This week has been quite crazy and busy for our tri-panionship since my companions are the Sister Training Leaders of our zone. Tuesday was exchanges and I was with the YSA Branch Sisters and contacting people around campus of the University of Georgia. Then we watched (the second time for me) the preview of Meet the Mormons. It is a really good movie and I would watch it again and again as well as proclaiming to the world about the movie as a great missionary tool. That evening, my companions had a meeting with the Athens Stake Presidency and I was able to have the opportunity to be with the Athens 2nd Sisters (we are Athens 1st) and talked to the Young Women about mission preparation and tying it to Personal Progress. Thursday was missionary work day, Friday was Missionary Leadership Council which gave me the opportunity of being with the Athens YSA Sisters again. Then Conference Weekend and interviews with the mission president.
We have really tried inviting people to General Conference and only one out of the few investigators we invited was able to attend, and she liked it. We are really having hopes for the progression of our area and it is really amazing of how the Lord really helps us as instruments in His hands to go about and do this great and marvelous latter-day work.
Well, I guess that's all for now. As much as I would like to type everything, I just don't have enough time to do so. :) Well, Au revoir mes amours! 
 
​*no pic as of the moment. * :P​

Sister Kristel Marie Cruz Ngo (吳姐妹)
Utah Salt Lake City Temple Square Mission/
Georgia Atlanta North Mission