Monday, September 29, 2014

Update for week 2 in Athens, GA

This week has been one of the most productive weeks that I have on my mission. It has also been one of the faith-strengthening, exhausting and also a time that I really appreciated the importance and the beauty of the infinite sacrifice of the Savior Jesus Christ. As much as I would love to share all of it day per day, I don't think I would be able to finish in time nor I don't think it would fit this tiny little "compose email" box.
To summarize, we were able to reach our goals this week. We found people to teach, share our testimonies with, and now our companionship focus is to help these people progress. I put an emphasis to the word "help" because through out the course of my mission, I have learned to be humble and to trust in the Lord because this is His work. It is through the Holy Ghost that these people get converted to the gospel and it is also through their choice that they would come unto Christ. We are but instruments in the hands of the Lord. I don't mean that in a demeaning way. Being an instrument in His divine, almighty hands is a privilege that I could never exchange in my whole 24 years of life and counting. We've met amazing people with different stories, different reasons why they need the gospel in their lives and different circumstances that motivates their choices. Seeing these makes me be overwhelmed in a good way and make my heart filled with joy.
I guess the highlight of these things would probably be the General Women's Meeting. Ever since last April 2014 General Conference, my view of attending these meetings have totally changed and I have felt the desire to always look forward to the messages. Just like last time, the talks that were given last Saturday were amazing and I definitely received answers to my questions or even help me strengthened in knowing my divine potential as a daughter of God. What definitely stood out to me were talks made by Sister Neill F. Marriott of the Young Women General Presidency that I would paraphrase saying that it is through the Atonement of our Savior that we can change our prideful nature. I also loved the words of President Dieter F. Uchtdorf that said, "Being a daughter of eternal parents, it is not a distinction you earn or you will ever lose." I couldn't wait to read it soon in the November 2014 issue of the Ensign. And I would invite all of you to read it, re-watch it, or to watch it next week for those who are back home in the Philippines. I just loved it. Also the Korean Primary Children that sang "I love to see the Temple" really brought tears. -- this is a spoiler. XD
Well. I guess this is all. I love you all!
P.S. My companions here in Athens! We have crazy moments... I'd rather save sharing them after the mission. :P

Sister Kristel Marie Cruz Ngo (吳姐妹)
Utah Salt Lake City Temple Square Mission/
Georgia Atlanta North Mission