Saturday, May 17, 2014

Some Things that I Thought you Ought to Know. :)

你们好!
I don't really know what to talk about this week. I think I might just divide it into three parts:
First part, about the mission - Three of my investigators are progressing. Two of them are on baptismal date. I am excited for each and everyone of them and somehow I would always thank the Lord for helping them through. I am His missionary but I will never take credit for helping them because all I could do was just to share with them what I know. It is the spirit that does all the work. It is the Spirit the touches the hearts of men, including mine as I teach and bear witness of my Savior Jesus Christ. It's just really comforting to hear the words from my investigator, William, who told me to "tell [my] mother that I am doing a great job helping him to learn about these things spiritually" and that with [my] efforts, I can touch the heart of one who can touch the hearts of many. It actually reminded me of a scripture in Alma 29:9 where Alma said "I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." My heart is just filled with the Spirit right now as I compose this message. Oh, how great is my joy in serving the Lord, that I am His instrument in bringing souls unto the Savior. Not just that, my investigator from Quezon City, Catherine, is now meeting with the missionaries and I could see the happiness in her email as she typed in that her brother and friends are joining in as well. She wishes to see me someday in the Philippines. I wish to be present on her endowment.
We learned more about the importance of the priesthood and how women are greatly blessed of having the priesthood restored here on earth. I, myself, am very grateful because I have received the priesthood blessings in my life from my brother, my father, and the leaders of the church. Because of the restoration, I know, without a doubt, that I have access to the blessings and the powers of heaven. Doctrine and Covenants 121:36.
Second part, about Sister Ngo - My new companion is from 台湾 (Taiwan)! Her name is Sister Han (Zanna) Chen. I really love her, she's so sweet (and a blue like me! I will explain when I get there! :)) So yes, I will be practicing my Mandarin this transfer. Being able to talk to my grandmother made me realize that I'm struggling both in Mandarin and in Hokkien already! And I am so blessed to have the privilege of having a Mandarin speaking companion because we will be contacting and taking a lot of tours/walking lessons in Mandarin! I'm excited. Oh yeah, I just discovered that Amoy, China is actually Xiamen, China... So now I could tell people that 我的奶奶从厦门 (My grandmother is from Xiamen). And our apartment is really nice. :) Small, but nice. It has a nice view of the Utah Mountains, which makes it really great to appreciate the beauty of Heavenly Father's creation.
Third part, about random stuff - I was able to meet President Leishman last Saturday because his grandson got married. And my Preparation day is on Friday, just so you know. :D
Work has been hard, but I love it. Many trials and challenges comes in my way, but it is there only to test my strength and faith in the Lord.How great is my calling to be an instrument in His hands. I will strive to build my testimony every single day.
I love my mission. I love my family and friends. And most of all, I LOVE THE LORD!
♥ Sister Ngo / ♥ 傳教士姐妹
Utah Salt Lake City Temple Square Mission
猶他鹽湖城聖殿廣場傳導

​P.S. Sister Stephen (my trainer) is back from her outbound mission!​ And I am setting aside the battle of self-image because that really doesn't help with my purpose as a missionary.
​I love you!​