Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Lord has never failed to show me how loved and blessed I am despite the trials and challenges that I have been experiencing on this mission. There are so many blessings despite the trials that I've faced and I am excited to see those blessings come even more in the work as I do my best and work hard, having faith in Him no matter what.
This has truly been a spiritual week and I might just summarize it as to not risk writing quite a long email as I used to.

Holy Thursday - A new movie was shown to the mission entitled "Meet the Mormons". It's a documentary film that is not out for public view, yet. But it is such a great missionary tool that I can't wait until they show it. It talks about 6 Latter-day Saint Families, on how they lived their faith in every aspect of their lives, no matter who they are or what they do. The movie answers the questions commonly asked by curious people who don't know much about the church. What really stood out to me in the video was the story of a missionary mom who underwent trials in her life but was blessed to learn of the gospel and have it comfort her because the missionaries followed as the spirit directed.
Easter Sunday - It was a day that really reminded us of the Risen Lord, of the Atonement of the Savior Jesus Christ. But what made it special about this day was when a Temple Square Sister Missionary from England (who is also half-Filipina) gave a talk about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Some of the words that really touched me was when she said that "He is always there. His love never changes." This quote is actually in connection to another event later on, but what really made this day great was that I shared that quote with a sister who was sitting by the shell fountain between the Temple and the South Visitor's Center and it was exactly what she needed at that moment.
Monday - We took this lady on a tour around Temple Square. She's from New York and she came in from the airport. The spirit was just so strong when we took her around and she agreed that we would keep in touch with her. She agreed that we can call her tomorrow (Thursday).

Tuesday - Last night I was really struggling. And that was the point that I really fought myself to think that things are going to get better. I was having this personal inner battle and somehow, because of being tired this day because I have not been sleeping well because it was really cold, I seem to be losing battle against the negative thoughts that come into my head. My companion is just so amazing and I am so blessed to have such a companion who is very supportive and who sees both my strength and my potential that I could never seem to remember during times of negativity. And we had a good laugh that night thinking of those types of TV Commercials that sell things.
Today - Temple day! Received a lot of revelations today which is still a part of my "self-discovery" of individual worth and divine nature. And it is just so amazing how the Lord would give you such comforting words in His house even BEFORE you get into a session. I was reading Doctrine and Covenants 75 and I just felt the Spirit, whispering to me and telling me that things will be well. I am happy about that. I am grateful for the gospel, grateful for the blessings, grateful for this mission.... grateful for everything that the Lord has blessed me from my pre-mortal existence up to this day.
I am so grateful for being here. I am grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ. I know that He lives. I know that He is there and that His love NEVER changes. I am grateful for our Heavenly Father's great Plan of Happiness, of the Savior's Atonement. I know that these things are true and these things I share in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

♥ Sister Ngo / ♥ 傳教士姐妹
Utah Salt Lake City Temple Square Mission
猶他鹽湖城聖殿廣場傳道