Thursday, March 06, 2014

March...

​Happy Birthday to Kendrick Carsten! He's a teenager now! Time flies by so fast.

Thank you bro (Elder Ngo) for such an inspiring email. You have grown so much spiritually and if only I could give you a huge hug over the computer screen but I could not do so. It's okay... we'll be seeing each other still.

This transfer has been full of Portuguese speaking investigators​. It has been a huge problem for me at first because I could not help my companion much contacting people and responding much to some questions because I don't speak Portuguese. (Somehow, we're blaming Lapu-Lapu for killing Magellan or else we could've learned Portuguese... this is a joke. Don't take it seriously.) But thanks to Google Translate, I could help her in some ways in Portuguese chats.
I am so happy that my Mandarin has been improving and I testify of the gift of Tongues! We were on exchanges and my temporary companion was from Beijing, China. We took this couple (they are friends they said) on a Mandarin tour/lesson around temple square and even if I struggled a bit we speaking in complete Mandarin, I was still able to say the words that I know in PERFECT intonation and she said that she didn't see a slight bit of an accent when I spoke the words in Mandarin. I was just amazed and happy and I really thanked Heavenly Father for the help in bringing the spirit.

​There has been a lot of challenges lately but each and every day, I would always feel Heavenly Father's love and the spirit stronger. I feel my testimony and my faith has strengthened. I love my mission (even though it would somehow always bring me in tears) but I couldn't change this experience with any other experience. It's really exciting to see investigators progressing, being able to plant the seed of faith in their hearts or even uplift and comfort those who seek for peace. I love being a missionary. And I love bearing my testimony to others... especially declaring to the world that Families indeed are Forever. Because of the gospel... because of God's love.​

​Love you always!​