Thursday, March 19, 2015

Meetings all over!

こにちわ! 你們好!

​Where do I begin?
This week flew by so fast that I couldn't really remember much. I have a hard time recalling things and my journal entries haven't been detailed as they should be because I always get home tired. My mind has been everywhere these past days.
Zone Conference happened the day after preparation day and it helped us refocus on what we needed to do as a mission. As a mission, President Poulsen wanted to set a new standard of excellence (we never really had any as a mission until now) of having 50 tours (lessons where we teach, testify and invite) a week here on Temple Square. Then Friday, we had LDS-BC session where it reminded me of the things that I've learned (and forgot) from the Career Workshop of the Self-reliance Center in Cebu.​ Saturday was a day full of work, work and work and we tried contacting, teaching and inviting as many people as we can. We've found some new and potential "friends" but we're hoping and praying that they will progress. I also studied, made and revised my talk on Charity. I've been so nervous about my talk but I had it successfully delivered on Sunday. What even made my Sunday better was when my trainer, Sister Natalie Stephen, came and listened to my talk. Happiest day of my week! And super busy too...
These past two days, we've had Zone Leader Follow-up Training and we discussed about the challenges and best practices that we have as a Zone Leader Council. Sister Ichikawa mentioned that it also made us more nervous because we have more things to do than we thought. It is quite reassuring though that the protocols are laid before us and we just have to study and be familiar with it and everything will be fine. We are still trying to get familiar with it together.
Despite the roller coaster ride that I have been having this week, things seem to be getting better. We still are struggling with finding investigators that would progress. But we've found some people who have the potential to do so. We are still exercising faith by finding those low-hanging fruits and hoping for those we haven't gotten a hold of. We are still trying to work hard. But I guess with so many things in my mind, I haven't been overwhelmed but I tend to forget some important things because I am just so focused of finding the elect for our companionship. I'm still trying to learn how to balance. So far, Sister Ichikawa has helped me a lot and been very supportive. There has never been a day when she wouldn't say, "Sister Ngo, what can I do to help you?" She always wanted to serve me and others no matter what and that's definitely what I love about her. She also reminds me to be focused at ALL times. With the time flying, there are times that my thoughts have been on creating my 1-year Macro Plan (an assignment given by President Poulsen).
But something that I have definitely pondered on this week is setting my priorities. It has helped me think of my goals and the plans that I need to make to achieve them. Planning has definitely been a major lesson that I got from my mission and when I get a hang of it, I might proceed to learn how I can manage my time wisely so that I can execute those plans effectively. I really love Preach My Gospel Chapter 8 because it is one of my weakest points in my life. But I'm working on it!
Well, I guess that's all for now. More updates later....



愛してるよ。 我愛你們!
Sister Kristel Marie Cruz Ngo (吳姐妹)
Utah Salt Lake City Temple Square Mission/
Georgia Atlanta North Mission