Tuesday, November 18, 2014

格魯吉亞 (Georgia) 第9週 (9th Week)

大家好!
​I don't know where to start with how much that has happened this week. I am still exhausted after getting enough hours of sleep. I guess because this week has been one of the joyous weeks of all so far since I came here to Monroe. We have been praying so hard looking ​for people that we can work with in this area and to invite them to come closer unto Christ. I, myself, have specifically prayed for 2 new investigators or 2 new people to work with. And I can truly testify that God does answer specific prayers. Thursday morning, after updating our area map with the Ward roster and while waiting for a member to pick us up from the apartment for the afternoon's appointment, we received two referrals from the mission office that we can contact. The first one was William Hayes, who was looking for a church because he felt like something was missing with the church that he was attending. He committed to baptism but we weren't to put him on date yet. We haven't been able to get to know him a little more and we are not sure about his sincere desire to do so. The other one is Michael Chandler, who is also looking for a church when he moved here in Loganville from Jefferson, GA. He had quite a past and he really expressed his sincere desire to change and to become closer to the Savior. We shared with him about the Atonement and through the saving grace of the Savior Jesus Christ, we can be cleansed from sin. He is such a sweet and wonderful person. He has also committed to baptism and we are planning to put him on date for our next appointment tomorrow.
Things are really picking up with the ward and we have never been so exhausted in doing so much work, but we remained to be diligent. We are working hard that we can also be sanctified and that we can help others increase their faith in the Savior and to be able to receive the ordinances of the gospel. What I love about missionary work is the love that you feel for the people that you meet every day and being able to testify to them about the Savior and His gospel. I also love seeing the changes that happened to people because the can see the spiritual light illuminating in their lives. One thing that we did this week as well is to help inoculate the people we are visiting, strengthening them and helping them realize the temptations and deceptions of the adversary so that they would not be able to make those steps to progress. We as missionaries ourselves need to fortify our testimonies so that we can help these people. I love what I am learning in the field, I love the Atonement, I love the joy that the gospel brings. I know what we are teaching the people are true because I have seen it shape my life for 2 years now. I know the change that it can bring to others. I definitely know that the Atonement is real and through that saving grace, we can become perfect in Christ.
​This week, I decided to work on my Faith Value Project for the Young Women​ Personal Progress, which is to memorize "The Living Christ". I dedicated an hour of personal study not just memorizing the first half but also understanding it and putting it to heart. As I was doing so, I just felt the love of the Savior in my life and I could never comprehend the pain that He has been through for all mankind, including me. Looking back on my past and seeing myself now, I have seen so much growth and potential that I never even known I had or could achieve. I am still not yet perfect (even in memorizing it) but I know that with diligence, I will be able to see it shape my life even more.
As to the temporal side of things, my investigator Dimple Patel in the Athens 1st ward got baptized last November 8th! I wasn't able to attend the baptismal service but I was so happy hearing that the ordinance and ceremony went well. We've had amazing dinners and I got to know some of the members a little more. I just love Monroe ward and I am quite sad that my time is limited here. Speaking about dinners, I love Peach cobbler and Italian Soda (Unflavored Carbonated Soda with Italian cream, fruit flavoring and whipped cream) care of Sister Jennifer Taylor. We also had crepes with the Sisics and I just love them (both the members and the food. :)).
Well, my mind is purged. I love Missionary Work. It's Missionary FUN! :)

"Now the joy of Ammon was so great even that he was full; yea, he was swallowed up in the joy of his God, even to the exhausting of his strength; and he fell again to the earth. Now was not this exceeding joy? Behold, this is joy which none receiveth save it be the truly penitent and humble seeker of happiness." - 
Alma 27:17-18
『艾蒙​​快樂​極了,​他​滿心歡喜;​是​的,​他​被​來自​神​的​喜樂​吞沒,​甚至​​體力不支,​又​倒​在​地​上​了。 這​豈不是​無比​的​快樂?​看​啊,​除了​真正​悔改​的​人​和​謙卑​追求​幸福​的​人​外,​沒有人​能​得​到​這種​快樂。』 - 阿爾瑪書 27:17-18

​我很愛您們! :)​

​ ​
Sister Kristel Marie Cruz Ngo 
(吳姐妹)
Utah Salt Lake City Temple Square Mission/
Georgia Atlanta North Mission