Tuesday, November 25, 2014

格魯吉亞 第10週 (Georgia Week 10): Happy Thanksgiving!

Buen Dia para mi familia y amigos!

I decided to change my opening language. I still love Chinese though but after being able to contact Spanish people the past few days, I totally had regrets for NOT paying attention to my Spanish classes. I could only say "Somos las missioneras de La Iglesia de Jesucristo delos Santos delos Ultimos Dias." And give them mormon.org cards. I had fun though, don't get me wrong. 

Anyway, serious mode. This week has been an amazing week for both Sister Hulme and I. A very spiritual week indeed. We have had Zone Conference last Wednesday and we have received a lot of insights. I was super excited when I heard President Uchtdorf's talk during the Mission President's Seminar last June 2014. What is even more amazing is that he shared the story of an Elder who is hardworking and training an Elder who didn't really like the earlier's way to do missionary work. And I know who exactly he was talking about! He changed the names of the missionaries to Elder Strong and Elder Green. I, knowing exactly who they were, knew that Elder Strong was fom Italy, and I have a copy of the 12-paged letter with me. I was reading it on the flight from Salt Lake City to Atlanta. There were a lot of things that I have learned from that letter. It showed us how to depend on the Spirit, to be bold but not overbearing; and most of all, to FEAR NO MAN and fear God. It showed me how I can become exactly obedient and if my companion and I are not getting along, that is because one is doing right and the other doing the opposite. There's a but to it though... If we are both getting along, either both of us are being obedient or the other way around. Gladly, my companion is a very obedient missionary and I... well, we get along pretty well. :)

​Another thing that was being stressed during Zone Conference is to NEVER forget that we were endowed in the Temple. That sacred priesthood ordinance gives us the power and authority to proclaim these good tidings about the Savior's gospel. We should never be shy about it. President Uchtdorf shared the story of Peter, who feared walking on water when he saw the raging sea but had much courage to declare the gospel after the Savior's resurrection because he, along with the other apostles, was given the authority to "teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit" . I just love the Apostle Peter. His great faith and love of the Savior made me evaluate my own every day and have thought of what can I do more so that I can have that same faith and love for my Healer, Redeemer and Savior of the world. I made a goal for myself that on the remaining months of my mission, I would get to know the Savior Jesus Christ more and to follow His example. And it has definitely made a huge difference doing so.

As for missionary work, our investigator Michael Chandler is just wonderful. He has a very sweet spirit and you could truly feel the Holy Ghost working through him. He reminds me of my conversion story. Michael went through a lot in the past, have made wrong decisions, but has now the desire to turn that past away and to move forward with a heart full of hope and a great desire to change and become the better. He wants to have that spiritual rebirth, to be washed away from sin and to make us of the Atonement of our Savior. He is on date for the 13th of December. Sadly, I would not be here but I am happy to see him progress and to become stronger and stronger in the gospel. I would still keep in touch with him when I get to Temple Square and would still help him while I am here in Georgia. Oh, my heart just swells with joy!​ Another spiritual moment with Michael is that Saturday, he told us that he might not be able to go to church because he was about to visit his family in Jefferson, GA. We thought that if he was going to Jefferson, he could also attend the Sunday Services in the Commerce Ward. We sent him the address to the Commerce chapel and Sister Hulme and I decided to pray and fast that Michael will be able to go to church the next day. Sunday came and we called him before church, and he said that he was home in Loganville. The end result, he was able to come to church in Monroe Ward and he loved it! Sister Hulme and I were so happy and we could never forget that day. It strengthened our testimony about fasting and exercising our faith.

Truly, I do testify that the Lord really has His hand in doing this great work. I am glad to be a part of it. *sigh* I even feel like exploding with joy writing this email and telling y'all about it. Wonderful miracles like this is truly a testimony and a witness that THERE IS A GOD, that He LOVES us and that HE WILL ALWAYS BE WITH US.

​"​
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
​"​ - Isaiah 41:10

Sister Kristel Marie Cruz Ngo
​ 
(吳姐妹)
Utah Salt Lake City Temple Square Mission/
Georgia Atlanta North Mission

​p.s.​ I just wanted to share with y'all a nice mormon message called "The Refiner's Fire". As missionaries, we experience this every single day. The trials that we experience shape us to become who the Lords wants us to be. Enjoy! Lots love!