Wednesday, October 02, 2013

I admit of my excitement...

I can't really help it. As the days approach, I can't help but wish I already have those forms and the US Embassy interview schedule just so I could start. But holding back and thinking, there are some things I need to finish back here at home... like the Christmas Pageant, for instance. This is also missionary work for me. And a part of my preparation of my full-time mission in Salt Lake City.

But just to let you know how excited I am... I visited the missionary portal and checked on the weather temperature at my area.
I guess, Winter is starting to kick in the same time the Philippines is preparing for the Christmas Season. Somehow, when I think of the upcoming season, I feel quite a little nervous. I don't know. I think it would be between being stressed out or maybe spending my first Christmas on the other side of the planet away from my family, which ever comes first.

Last night, When I got home, I felt the need to pray and ponder in my heart the things I needed to do after receiving an email from Brother Fred Dimaya who is our consultant from the pageant. Thoughts like "so many things to do, so little time" came rushing in my head which set my adrenaline rush to panic mode but I know I needed to calm down somehow and work rather than worry. So I got on my knees and prayed.

One of the things I prayed about was what is my purpose? What am I going to do and how am I going to do it? What is the reason behind my assignment to the Temple Square Mission? If I needed help, I needed it then and there, then after that prayer I decided to continue reading on where I left off in my scriptures. There was something in the 47th Verse of Acts 13 that really caught me eye and made me ponder much about it. It states
 47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a alight of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for bsalvation unto the ends of the earth.
So I thought, the Lord has been preparing the Gentiles to learn and know of the gospel of Jesus Christ since the ancient times, and the Lord is still continuing His work today. I will become a light of the Gentiles, especially the land of my ancestry, Philippines and China. From Sister Reniva's emails to Sister Posadas, I could see that the Lord is preparing China for the gospel as well. How great it is to understand it! I also realized that this is also an opportunity for me to continue my Family History Work for my Chinese ancestors. Who knows? I could have a Chinese companion and she may help me recall or refresh my knowledge of the Mandarin language which I will be able to use if in case I could meet someone who's a distant relative visiting Temple Square.

In the Philippines' side, I noticed that my excitement for the Christmas pageant increased as I read the emails sent by Bro. Dimaya. I started making sketches and I could picture myself as one of the Marys (not that I am expecting for it since I have short hair) and it was quite fun. I get to envision what was to happen during the pageant. So I decided to get to work and set up goals.

I know that the Lord is always there to help and to answer our prayers through the Holy Ghost. I know that He loves us and will never ever abandon us. He will help us in our endeavors as long as we seek to glorify Him than ourselves. And I pray that you, who are struggling for an ever greater challenge, will be able to endure and surpass that with the help of the Lord.

Love,
Sister Ngo