Thursday, April 09, 2015

If you see this (O.O), you already know what I'm talking about.

This past week has been crazy!

Crazy with conference... crazy with the Zone Activity... crazy with deep cleaning and De-cluttering... crazy with STUFF.

​So,
Conference was SO GOOD! Talked to lots of people and last Friday, before conference, we got a new investigator. Things are getting better this week and we're still finding. Although, we've received news this morning that Beth, an old lady from Lancashire, UK, is on date for the 8th of May. We are so excited and I am so excited for my companion. Our appointments fell through yesterday though so I decided to call my Filipina investigator, Catherine, who is from Bulacan. She's going through a lot and it's really hard to help her out while I'm still here. One of the things that I am excited for is that I can do member-missionary work at the tip of my fingers and never having to worry about the time difference... well... except for my friends who live here whom I don't want to leave... yet.
Going back to conference, I went to the Sunday Afternoon Session but was quite sad that I didn't hear the prophet speak live. But the talks were really good and I can't wait to read them when the Liahona comes out. It's also a fun time as well to check who of the Sisters made it to the magazine. Unlike last year, I got a lot of photo ops but I didn't like them because they were quite distracting for me. One particular moment especially when Elder Clarke from the Seventy stopped and shook our hand on the square and the camera was right in front. o.O Anyway... There are lots of things that I heard this past weekend that I can't wait to share with ya'll. I'm sad though that I didn't get to see Elise DeBry. I kept looking for her around conference time.
Filipino Fireside happened afterwards and I met a lot of familiar faces, including Elder Dallin H. Oaks. Speaking of which, I met his wife randomly on the square and Sister Ngo didn't really pay attention that I asked a dumb question... When she introduced herself to my companion in Japanese, I asked her "Sister Oaks, how are you related with Elder Oaks of the Twelve?" She looked at me and smiled saying "I'm his wife". And I thought, oh... Then I saw them at the fireside. You should've seen how ​if not starstruck but how I tried to stay as professional as I can become. I also met President Schmutz Sunday too which I think is great and he sends his love to the Filipino people and his missionaries back in Cebu. He was called to be an Area Seventy. One thing I also find amusing is that Sister Lea Burdeos gave me a referral during the fireside when I was about to give up and thinking that we weren't doing much missionary work there. Only to find out that Brother Burdeos knows my mom when she wasn't married yet and also Tita Oda. He is originally from Marikina 1st Ward and moved to the states in 1989. Surprise, surprise. My mom knows a lot of people and I'm getting to be a social butterfly like her. :P
Anyway, the work is moving forward. Definitely the Atonement makes you stretch and grow. It also comforts you during times of trial. Last Wednesday was a really hard day for me but it was worth it. The Zone Activity that we had was a blast and it was definitely spiritual. I love hearing the Sisters' testimonies in their native language. And I am definitely thankful that I was able to serve them to the best of our abilities as zone leaders.
Well, I'm not counting the days anymore. My goal this week was to be in the moment and to finish strong... stronger than I thought. And I know that a few of my loved ones on the other side is helping me get through this. I'm so grateful for the Atonement. I'm so grateful for this opportunity to serve a mission. I am so grateful for the memories that I've had and I will forever cherish them.
I know that my Redeemer lives. I know that He is here. I know that He knows my heart and what I am going through.
In the sacred name of Jesus Christ, Amen.