Thursday, September 26, 2013

Introducing ME. XD

Hello there!


I actually had no idea I already made a blog for my mission. XD

It's been months since I checked in and I usually get online Facebook that I haven't checked my Google+ account. I have been really busy either with work and all that. If it hadn't been for my friend who (I bet she's at a plane ride bound for Manila at this time) left for the Manila MTC and posted her blog on Facebook, I hadn't known I already have one... by the way, if you are in her area, here is the friend that I'm talking about... Sister Posadas. ♥


Anyway, enough of that. I would like to introduce myself. I will be known as Sister Ngo. I could not disclose my complete first name here. I was born in Cebu, Philippines on the year 1990 and has been a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints ever since I was 8 years old. My parents were married in the Manila Philippines Temple the year before. My mom served a mission here in Cebu and Bacolod Mission during the year 1987-1988 under President Lowell Leishmann. My dad, on the date of their marriage, was already a convert for about a year... I think.


I had been a rebel. Of course, like some of the Filipino BoCs (Born of Covenant Children), I kinda wondered what it was like to have a life outside the strict out-bringing of Church rules and principles. When I entered High School, I started exploring the life of the mainstream teenager (rather than following the prophets' counsels to be "in a world not of the world" or to be different in a way) which I eventually regretted after 3 years since I graduated college. I wasn't the perfect daughter. I never did what was expected of a typical "Mormon" girl.


I won't go into details of what I've done before. But now, even the people around me kind of seen the change that I strive to make for the past months up to the present. I did ponder on my decision to serve and I wished that I could just turn back time and made the change earlier. But I guess even though I'm one of those who got delayed, I'm quite thankful that it was not yet too late for me to change my course. I then appreciated how much sacrifice my parents have made for me and the plan our Father in Heaven has for me. :)



My Family... I'm the one at the lower right of the picture. ^_^

P.S. Some of the previous post were made at the same day. So please forgive me if this introductory post came late. XD